The research team at the Data Center of the Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, Germany is currently searching for several research fellows in the field of computer science (full time) within its Intel Parallel Computing Center for Lustre and the European Training Network (ETN) BigStorage for the next possible starting date.
- Development and conception of new algorithms, techniques, and methods for storage and parallel file systems
- Evaluating and publishing of project results
- Collaboration within the research group
- Ph.D. or Master degree in computer science or a closely related field
- Knowledge in the field of storage systems
- Interest in efficient algorithms for high-performance computing
- Advanced analytical, conceptual and communicative skills
- Commitment, self-initiative and organizational skills
We offer an interesting, future-oriented job within a highly-visible research environment (see https://research.zdv.uni-mainz.de). The project supports postdoctoral proposals whenever possible. Full payment and arrangements of the employment follow the regulations of the German Tarifvertrag für die Länder (TV-L).
The university seeks to raise its percentage of women and, therefore, specifically encourages women to apply. Handicapped applicants with the same level of qualifications are given preference.
Please send your complete application (PDF document, maximum size of 5MB), including (code number) 2015-PostDoc-PhD to Prof. Dr. A. Brinkmann firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: November 31st, 2015